"WALLOP FARLEIGH, a parish in the lower half of the hundred of Bermondspit, county Hants, 3 miles S. of Basingstoke, its post town, and 4 from the railway station. The village is small, consisting of a few farmhouses. The living is a rectory annexed to that of Cliddesden, in the diocese of Winchester. The church is a small cruciform structure, dedicated to St. Andrew. The charities produce about £9 per annum. The Earl of Portsmouth is lord of the manor. Farleigh House, a fine old mansion, is the principal residence."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]