"FOXCOTT, a parish in the lower half of the hundred of Andover, county Hants, 2 miles N.W. of Andover, its post town and railway station on the South-Western line. The hamlet of Hatherden is included in this parish The living is a curacy annexed to the vicarage of Andover, in the diocese of Winchester. "
[From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Foxcott to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Foxcott has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- The entry for Foxcott from British History Online.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU340487 (Lat/Lon: 51.236225, -1.514525), Foxcott which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)