"GREWELL, (or Grey Well), a parish in the hundred of Odiham, county Hants, 1 mile W. of Odiham, its post town, and 4 S.W. of Winchfield, the nearest railway station on the London and S.W. line. The Basingstoke canal passes through the neighbourhood. The living is a curacy annexed to the vicarage of Odiham, in the diocese of Winchester. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. Greywell Hill House is the principal residence. "
[From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Greywell to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Greywell has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- The entry for Greywell from British History Online.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU714515 (Lat/Lon: 51.25783, -0.978126), Greywell which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)