"HARBRIDGE, a parish in the hundred of Ringwood, county Hants, 3 miles N. of Ringwood, its post town. It is bounded on the E. by the river Avon, which is navigable to this point. The living is a curacy united with the vicarage of Ringwood, in the diocese of Winchester. The church is a handsome edifice, erected in 1839, with a square embattled tower, surmounted by a turret. The parochial charities, including Dodington's, produce £16 per annum. Somerley House, the residence of the Earl of Normanton, is in this parish. He is lord of the manor, and supports a free school. "
[From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]