National Gazetteer (1868) - Lasham
The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"LASHAM, (or Lassham), a parish in the hundred of Upper Bermondspit, Basingstoke division of county Hants, 4 miles N.W. of Alton, its railway station and post town, and 7 S.E. of Basingstoke. The village is small, and the inhabitants are chiefly employed in agriculture. The land is chiefly arable and woodland; the prevailing timber oak and beech. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £350. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Winchester, value £324. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The parochial charities produce about £6 10s. per annum. F.J. Ellis Jervoise, Esq., is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]