"MONXTON, (or Monkston), a parish in the lower half division of the hundred of Andover, county Hants, 3¼ miles W. of Andover, its post town. The village, which is of small extent, is wholly agricultural. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £340. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester, value £338, in the patronage of King's College, Cambridge. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is a neat structure, with a slate spire tower containing two bells. The chancel has some stained windows. The register dates from 1716. The Provost and Fellows of King's College, Cambridge, are lords of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]