"PRIORS-DEAN, a parish in the upper half hundred of East Meon, Petersfield division of county Hants, 7 miles S.W. of Alton, its post town, and 5 N.W. of Petersfield. The village is of small extent, and wholly agricultural. The living is a curacy annexed to the rectory* of Colemore, in the diocese of Winchester. The church has a tower containing two bells. "
[From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Priors Dean to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Priors Dean has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- The entry for Priors Dean from British History Online.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU726298 (Lat/Lon: 51.063108, -0.965596), Priors Dean which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)