National Gazetteer (1868) - Shalden
1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"SHALDEN, a parish in the upper division of Alton hundred, county Hants, 2¾ miles N.W. of Alton, its post town. The village, which is of small extent, is wholly agricultural'. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £330, and the glebe comprises 23 acres. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Winchester, value £331, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church, dedicated to SS. Peter and Paul, is an ancient structure with a tower containing one bell. John Wood, Esq., of Thadden Grange, is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]