"SHIPTON-BELLINGER, a parish in the upper half division of Thorngate hundred, Andover division of county Hants, 4½ miles S.W. of Ludgershall, and 9 W. of Andover. Marlborough is its post town. The village, which is of small extent, is wholly agricultural. The land is chiefly arable. The great tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £118, and the vicarial for £167, with a glebe of 3 acres. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester, value £168. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The Dean of Winchester is lord of the manor. "
[From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Shipton Bellinger to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Shipton Bellinger has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- The entry for Shipton Bellinger from British History Online.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU241452 (Lat/Lon: 51.205618, -1.65576), Shipton Bellinger which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)