"SPARSHOLT, a parish in the hundred of Buddlesgate, county Hants, 3½ miles N.W. of Winchester, its post town. The village is of small extent. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Winchester, value £300, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church, dedicated to St. Stephen, has a wooden tower containing five bells. The parochial charities produce about £1 per annum. There is a National school. "
[From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Sparsholt to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Sparsholt has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- The entry for Sparsholt from British History Online.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU435316 (Lat/Lon: 51.082196, -1.379857), Sparsholt which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)