National Gazetteer (1868) - Tangley
1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"TANGLEY, a parish in the upper half division of Pastrow hundred, county Hants, 5½ miles N.W. of Andover, its post town. The living is a perpetual curacy annexed to the rectory of Faccombe, in the dioc, of Winchester. The church, dedicated to St. John the Baptist, is a small edifice of great antiquity. There is a chapel for Wesleyans, also National schools. Sir J. Pollen is lord of the manor. A fair for sheep is held on 15th April."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]