"TIMSBURY, a parish in the hundred of King's-Sombourn, county Hants, 3 miles N. of Romsey, its railway station and post town, and 7 from Stockbridge. The village is on the Andover canal, which has a wharf here, and on the river Test. The living is a vic, in the diocese of Winchester, value £64. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew. There is a National school for both sexes. The Wesleyans have a chapel."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]