"UPPER CLATFORD, a parish in the hundred and union of Andover, in the county of Hants, 2 miles S.W. from Andover, its post town, and 5 from Stockbridge. It is situated on the canal a short distance from the South Western railway, which has a station at Andover Road. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester, value £458, in the patronage of the Rev. E. Frond. The church is dedicated to All Saints. There is a school supported by the rector. "
[From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Upper Clatford to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Upper Clatford has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- The entry for Upper Clatford from British History Online.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU351419 (Lat/Lon: 51.175328, -1.499291), Upper Clatford which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)