"UPTON GRAY, a parish in the hundred of Bermondspit, Basingstoke division of county Hants, 3 miles S.W. of Odiham, its post town. The parish includes the tything of Hoddington. The living is a perpetual curacy* in the diocese of Winchester, value £404, in the patronage of Queen's College, Oxford. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The parochial charities produce about £26 per annum. There is a National school for both sexes. Hoddington House is the principal residence. C. Beaufoy, Esq., is lord of the manor. "
[From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Upton Grey to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Upton Grey has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- The entry for Upton Grey from British History Online.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU700472 (Lat/Lon: 51.219348, -0.999456), Upton Grey which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)