National Gazetteer (1868) - Woodmancott
1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"WOODMANCOTT, a parish in the hundred of Mainsborough, county Hants, 8 miles S.W. of Basingstoke. The surface is hilly, comprising a considerable extent of open downs and furze common. There is no village, there are only two or three farmhouses. The living is annexed to the rectory of Brown Candover. The church is dedicated to St. James."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]