Hide

Aston, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868

hide
Hide

1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"ASTON, (or Pipe Aston), a parish in the hundred of Wigmore, in the county of Hereford, 4 miles to the S.W. of Ludlow. Leominster is its post town. The river Tome flows near it. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Hereford, of the value of £84, and in the patronage of Knight's Heirs. The church is dedicated to St. Giles."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]