Hide

Ballingham, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868

hide
Hide

1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"BALLINGHAM, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of Wormelow, in the county of Hereford, 7 miles to the N. of Ross. Hereford is its post town. It is situated on the north bank of the river Wye. The living is a perpetual curacy, of the value of £165, in the diocese of Hereford, and in the patronage of Sir E. F. S. Stanhope, Bart. The church is dedicated to St. Dubritius."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]