Bishops Frome / Froome (Bishops)
"FROOME (BISHOPS), a parish in the hundred of RADLOW, county of HEREFORD, comprising the townships of Bishop's Froome, Eggleton, Halmonds-Froome, Leadon, and Walton, and containing 897 inhabitants, of which number, 298 are in the township of Bishop's Froome, 4 miles (S. by E.) from Bromyard. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry and. diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £8. 5. 10., and in the patronage of the Rev. John Hopton. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. There is an endowed free school." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Transcription of section of Post Office Directory of Herefordshire for Bishop's Frome in 1863, by Barbara Haner.
- The transcription of the section for Bishops Frome from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Bishops Frome / Froome (Bishops) to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Bishops Frome / Froome (Bishops) has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO663485 (Lat/Lon: 52.134068, -2.493896), Bishops Frome / Froome (Bishops) which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)