Hide

Blake Mere, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868

hide
Hide

1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"BLAKE MERE, (or Blackmoor), a parish in the hundred of Webtree, in the county of Hereford, 7 miles to the S. of Weobly. It is situated on the banks of the river Wye. The living is a vicarage united with that of Preston-on-Wye, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is dedicated to St. Leonard. The parochial charities produce £2 per annum."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]