Blakemere, Extract from E.C. Lascelles Directory of Herefordshire, 1851
Extract from E.C. Lascelles Directory of Herefordshire, 1851Transcription by Richard Lane © 2002
BLAKEMERE is a small parish, about 9 miles W. from Hereford. - THE CHURCH is old. The Rev. E. Howells, Vicar; Mr. John Hanbury, Churchwarden; Mr. James Price, Clerk. Services - 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
TRADES, FARMERS, ETC. Bengree James, farmer Morgan Thomas, carpenter and joiner Bennett Elizabeth, shopkeeper Probert Edward, Farmer Hanbury John, farmer, Lower Blakemere Pugh Thomas, wheelwright Holl Robert, farmer, Kinlett Smith James, blacksmith Matthews John, farmer, Woodland House Williams John, shopkeeper, Holywell Matthews William, farmer
[Transcribed by Richard Lane in November 2002
from a copy of Lascelles Directory of Herefordshire, 1851 in Hereford Central Library]