"BOCKLETON, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of Doddingtree, in the county of Worcester, partly also in the hundred of Broxash, in the county of Hereford, 5 miles to the S. of Tenbury. Hampton Charles is a hamlet of this parish ... More" [Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
- Transcription of section of Post Office Directory of Herefordshire for Hampton Charles in 1863, by Barbara Haner.
- The transcription of the section for Bockleton from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Bockleton to another place.
- "Includes hamlet of Hampton Charles in Herefordshire, the balance of the parish being in Worcestershire."
(Ref: The Parish Registers of Herefordshire, J Harnden, 1987, ISBN 0 9512347 0 6)
You can see the administrative areas in which Bockleton has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO592616 (Lat/Lon: 52.250663, -2.598524), Bockleton which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)