Bockleton, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"BOCKLETON, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of Doddingtree, in the county of Worcester, partly also in the hundred of Broxash, in the county of Hereford, 5 miles to the S. of Tenbury. Hampton Charles is a hamlet of this parish The living is a perpetual curacy* in the diocese of Hereford, of the value of £127, in the patronage of the Rev. J. J. Miller, incumbent. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. The parish contains some hop-grounds."
"HAMPTON CHARLES, a township in the parish of Bockleton, hundred of Broxash, county Hereford, 5 miles N.W. of Bromyard. The hamlet consists of a few farmhouses. Part of the land is laid out in hop-grounds."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]