Bolstone / Boulstone
"BOULSTONE, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of WORMELOW, county of HEREFORD, 6 miles (S. S. E.) from Hereford, containing 75 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Horn-Lacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Transcription of section of E C Lascelles Directory of Herefordshire for Boulstone in 1851, by Richard Lane.
- Transcription of sections of Kelly's Directory of Herefordshire for Bolstone in 1856, 1858, by Richard Lane.
- Transcription of sections of Trade Directory of Herefordshire for Bolstone in 1863, by Richard Lane.
- Transcription of sections of Kelly's Directory of Herefordshire for Bolstone in 1879, 1905, 1913, 1941, by Richard Lane.
- The transcription of the section for Boulstone from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Bolstone / Boulstone to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Bolstone / Boulstone has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO551328 (Lat/Lon: 51.991699, -2.655602), Bolstone / Boulstone which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)