"BREINTON, a parish in the hundred of Grimsworth, in the county of Hereford, 2 miles to the W. of Hereford, its post town. It is situated on the banks of the river Wye, and includes the hamlets of Wareham and Upper Breinton. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Hereford, value £109, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. There is a free school endowed with £6 a year, and some other charities producing annually about £11. ... More" [Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- The transcription of the section for Breinton from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Breinton to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Breinton has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO472398 (Lat/Lon: 52.053968, -2.77113), Breinton which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)