"FROOME (CASTLE), a parish in the hundred of RADLOW, county of HEREFORD, 7 miles (N. N. W.) from Ledbury, containing 180 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £5. 13. 4., and in the patronage of Francis Freeman, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. The river Froome runs through the parish, in which there is a considerable quantity of limestone, also stone for building." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Transcription of section of Post Office Directory of Herefordshire for Castle Frome in 1863, by Barbara Haner.
- The transcription of the section for Castle Frome from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Castle Frome to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Castle Frome has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO666458 (Lat/Lon: 52.109826, -2.488489), Castle Frome which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)