Hide

Coddington, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868

hide
Hide

1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"CODDINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Radlow, in the county of Hereford, 3½ miles N.E. of Ledbury, its post town and railway station, on the West Midland branch of the Great Western line. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Hereford, value £170, in the patronage of the bishop. The church, dedicated to St. Peter, is an ancient structure, with a wooden tower and steeple, and contains a curious font. The charities produce £30 per annum."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]