Hide

Cusop, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868

hide
Hide

1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"CUSOP, a parish in the hundred of Ewyas-Lacy, in the county of Hereford, 1 mile S.E. of Hay, its post town, and 12 miles from Kington. It is situated on the borders of Brecknockshire, and contains only a few scattered houses. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford, value £203, in the patronage of the Earl of Oxford. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is an ancient stone structure. The charities amount to £1 per annum. Trevadoc, Ty-coch, Pen-yr-hen-llan, Redley, Dollar Mill, Tyllyshope, Nant-y-glas-dwr, and Llydiart-y-wain are places here."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]