"DINEDOR, a parish in the hundred of WEBTREE, county of HEREFORD, 4 miles (S. E. by S.) from Hereford, containing 301 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, with the curacy of Rotherwas, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Dean of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £8. 9. 7., and in the patronage of the Provost and Fellows of Worcester College, Oxford. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Transcription of sections of Kelly's Directory of Herefordshire for Dinedor in 1913, by Rosemary Lockie.
- The transcription of the section for Dinedor from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Dinedor to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Dinedor has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO534368 (Lat/Lon: 52.027782, -2.680407), Dinedor which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)