"DINMORE, a liberty (extra-parochial), in the hundred of GRIMSWORTH, county of HEREFORD, 9 miles (N. by W.) from Hereford, containing 14 inhabitants. On Dinmore hill stood a commandery of the knights of St. John of Jerusalem, founded by a brother of the order, in the reign of Henry II." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- The transcription of the section for Dinmore Preceptory from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Dinmore to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Dinmore has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO486503 (Lat/Lon: 52.148922, -2.753191), Dinmore which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)