"PRESTEIGN, otherwise LLANANDRAS, a parish, partly in the hundred of WIGMORE, county of HEREFORD, and partly in the hundred and county of RADNOR, SOUTH WALES, in which latter it comprises the township of Presteign (including the market and assize town of that name), and the chapelry of Discoed, ... " ( A Topographical Dictionary of Wales, Samuel Lewis, 1833)
See Presteigne in Radnorshire
- The transcription of the section for Discoyd from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Discoed to another place.
- "In co. Radnor, chapelry of Presteigne."
(Ref: The Parish Registers of Herefordshire, J Harnden, 1987, ISBN 0 9512347 0 6)
You can see the administrative areas in which Discoed has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO276648 (Lat/Lon: 52.276141, -3.06201), Discoed which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)