Description from Cassell's Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland, 1899 Transcription by Brian Willey © 2005
Parish and village near the Leadon, south-east Herefordshire, 2 miles south of Ledbury; acreage 808; soil heavy, overlying clay. The church of St. Mary is Early English. The English tribe or family of Donnings settled here at a very early period, and gave the place their name.
Donnington Hall is a seat.
Nearest railways station: Ledbury, 2 miles.
Distance from London: 133 miles.
Population: 112 (Census 1891)
[Content dated 1892]
[Transcribed by Brian Willey in July 2005
from a personal copy of Cassell's Gazetteer of Great Britain & Ireland, 1899]