Hide

Dormington, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868

hide
Hide

1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"DORMINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Greytree, in the county of Hereford, 5½ miles S.E. of Hereford, its post town and railway station, and 9 N. W. of Ledbury. It is situated on the river Frome, and contains the chapelry of Bartestree. Part of the parish is in hops. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Hereford, value with the perpetual curacy of Bartestree annexed, £284, in the patronage of E. F. Foley, Esq. The church, dedicated to St. Peter, is an ancient stone structure, with tower and two bells. The charities amount to £5 per annum. Lady Emily Foley is lady of the manor. Dormington Court is the principal residence."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]