Hide

Dulas, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868

hide
Hide

1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"DULAS, a parish in the hundred of Webtree, in the county a Hereford, 2 miles N.W. of Pontrilas station on the West Midland railway, and 13 S.W. of Hereford. It is situated on a branch of the river Monnow, or Dulas Brook. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Hereford, value £75, in the patronage of James Hopton, Esq. The church, dedicated to St. Michael, is an ancient stone structure, very plain, with small belfry and one bell. James Hopkins, Esq., is lord of the manor and principal owner of the soil, whose seat is Dulas Court."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]