Hide

Edvin Ralph, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868

hide
Hide

1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"EDVIN RALPH, a parish in the hundred of Wolphy, county Hereford, 2 miles N. of Bromyard, its post town, and 9 S. of Tenbury. The main road between the two towns passes through the village. Limestone is extensively quarried, and hops are much cultivated. The hamlet of Butterley is in this parish. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford, value with the rectory of Collington annexed, £403. The church is a plain Norman structure, with a tower, and contains some ancient monuments and a font of modern date. The charities produce about £6 per annum. W. L. Childe, Esq., is lord of the manor."

"BUTTERLEY, a joint parish with Edvin-Ralph, in the hundred of Wolphy, in the county of Hereford, 2 miles to the N. of Bromyard."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]