"FAWLEY, a chapelry in the parish of FOWNHOPE, hundred of GREYTREE, county of HEREFORD, 8 miles (N. by W.) from Ross. The chapel is dedicated to St. John the Baptist." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- The transcription of the section for Fawley from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Fawley Chapel to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Fawley Chapel has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO589296 (Lat/Lon: 51.963308, -2.599039), Fawley Chapel which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)