Hide

Harewood, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868

hide
Hide

1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"HAREWOOD, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of Wormelow, county Hereford, 6 miles N.W. of Ross, its post town, 8 S.E. of Hereford, and 3½ S.W. of the Fawley station on the Hereford, Ross, and Gloucester railway. It is a small parish situated near the river Wye, and on the main road from Ross to Hereford. It forms part of the forest of Harewood. The living is a donative curacy in the diocese of Hereford. The church has not been used for many years. Harewood House is the principal residence, and the seat of Sir Hungerford Roskyns, Bart., who is lord of the manor and chief landowner."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]