Hatfield, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"HATFIELD, a parish in the hundred of Wolphy, county Hereford, 6 miles E. of Leominster, and 7 N.W. of Bromyard. It contains the hamlet of New Hampton. Part of the parish is in hop grounds and orchard. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Hereford, value £90. The church is dedicated to St. Leonard. The charities produce about £1 per annum. Hatfield Court is the principal residence."
"NEW HAMPTON, an extra parochial place in the parish of Hatfield, county Hereford, 6 miles N.W. of Bromyard."
"NEW-HAMPTON, an extra parochial place in the hundred of Wolphy, county Hereford, near Hatfield."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]