"HUMBER, a parish in the hundred of WOLPHY, county of HEREFORD, 4 miles (S.E. by E.) from Leominster, containing, with the township of Risbury, 219 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £5. 16. 3., endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Crown. The church is dedicated to St. Mary." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Transcription of section of E C Lascelles Directory of Herefordshire, 1851 for Humber, by Cathie Bennett.
- Transcription of section of E C Lascelles Directory of Herefordshire for Humber in 1851, by Richard Lane.
- Transcription of sections of Kelly's Directory of Herefordshire for Humber in 1856, 1858, by Richard Lane.
- Transcription of sections of Trade Directory of Herefordshire for Humber in 1863, by Richard Lane.
- Transcription of sections of Kelly's Directory of Herefordshire for Humber in 1879, 1905, 1913, 1929, by Richard Lane.
- The transcription of the section for Humber from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Humber to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Humber has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO535563 (Lat/Lon: 52.203399, -2.681179), Humber which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)