Humber, Extract from E.C. Lascelles Directory of Herefordshire, 1851
Extract from E.C. Lascelles Directory of Herefordshire, 1851Transcription by Richard Lane © 2002
HUMBER, a small Parish, about thirteen miles from Hereford, is a thinly populated district.
THE CHURCH, a very old stone building, is small, with square tower and low spire. The Rev. E. Cowburne, M.A., Rector; Mr. Wm., Lambert churchwarden; Mr. James Phillips, clerk. Services - 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
CLERGY, TRADES, FARMERS, ETC.
Cowburne, Rev. E., M.A., Rector, Rectory
Lane John, farmer, Prittleton
Adams Wm., builder and carpenter
Lee Elizabeth, farmer, Lower Prittleton
Badger, Wm., shopkeeper
Lloyd Thomas, farmer, Upper Prittleton
Crump John, farmer, The Court
Lippett Sarah, farmer
Fraser Thomas, killer, Risbury Mill
Lippett Wm., boot and shoemaker
Gatehouse Wm., farmer, Wood
Maund James, boot and shoemaker
Gatehouse Wm., farmer, New House
Morgan Wm., farmer, Risbury
Jenks John, boot and shoemaker
Sawl Francis, boot and shoemaker
Lambert Wm., farmer, Risbury Court
[Transcribed by Richard Lane in November 2002
from a copy of Lascelles Directory of Herefordshire, 1851 in Hereford Central Library]