"KENDER-CHURCH, a parish in the hundred of WEBTREE, county of HEREFORD, 11 miles (S.W.) from Hereford, containing 77 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford,, rated in the king's books at £2. 5. 2., endowed with £1000 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Earl of Oxford. The church is dedicated to St. Mary." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- The transcription of the section for Kenderchurch from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Kenderchurch to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Kenderchurch has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO414294 (Lat/Lon: 51.960133, -2.853784), Kenderchurch which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)