"KENT-CHURCH, a parish in the hundred of WEBTREE, county of HEREFORD, 13 miles (S. W. by S.) from Hereford, containing 311 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £10. 12. 3., and in the patronage of the Crown. The church is dedicated to St. Mary, A school here has an endowment of £ 8 per annum. A rail-road runs through the parish." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- The transcription of the section for Kentchurch from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Kentchurch to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Kentchurch has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO419258 (Lat/Lon: 51.927966, -2.845974), Kentchurch which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)