"KNILL, a parish in the hundred of WIGMORE, county of HEREFORD, 2 miles (N. N. W.) from Kington, containing 79 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese, of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £4. 10., and in the patronage of Mrs. A. M. Garbett Walsham. The church is dedicated to St. Michael." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Transcription of section of E C Lascelles Directory of Herefordshire for Knill in 1851, by Richard Lane.
- Transcription of sections of Kelly's Directory of Herefordshire for Knill in 1856, 1858, by Richard Lane.
- Transcription of sections of Trade Directory of Herefordshire for Knill in 1863, by Richard Lane.
- Transcription of sections of Kelly's Directory of Herefordshire for Knill in 1879, 1905, 1913, 1929, by Richard Lane.
- The transcription of the section for Knell from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Knill to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Knill has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO291606 (Lat/Lon: 52.238733, -3.039351), Knill which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)