Hide

Leinthall Earls, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868

hide
Hide

1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"LEINTHALL EARLS, a chapelry in the parish of Aymestrey, hundred of Wigmore, county Hereford, 1 mile S.E. of Leinthall Starkes, and 7 miles S.W. of Ludlow. It belongs to Greenley, of Titley. The village, which is small, is wholly agricultural. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Hereford, value £64, in the patronage of the Vicar of Aymestrey. The church is a small structure, dedicated to St. Andrew. The charities consist of a small endowment for the school and almshouse."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]