"LEINTHALL-STARKES, a parish in the hundred of WIGMORE, county of HEREFORD, 6 miles (S.W. by W.) from Ludlow, containing 131 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, endowed with £1000 royal bounty, and £200 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Bishop of Hereford. The church is dedicated to St. Mary Magdalene.' [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- The transcription of the section for Leinthall Starkes from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Leinthall Starkes to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Leinthall Starkes has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO435697 (Lat/Lon: 52.322593, -2.830696), Leinthall Starkes which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)