"LETTON, a parish comprising the township of Letton in the hundred of STRETFORD, and the township of Hurstley in the hundred of WOLPHY, county of HEREFORD, and containing 163 inhabitants, of which number, 95 are in the township of Letton, 6 miles (S. W. by W.) from Weobly. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £ 6. 15. 7½.,and in the patronage of the Representatives of John Freeman, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Peter." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- The transcription of the section for Letton from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Letton to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Letton has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO335466 (Lat/Lon: 52.113358, -2.972574), Letton which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)