"HEREFORD (LITTLE), a parish in the hundred of WOLPHY, county of HEREFORD, 3 miles (W.) from Tenbury, containing, with Upton, 353 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, with the perpetual curacy of Ashford-Carbonell, in the peculiar jurisdiction and patronage of the Chancellor of the Choir in the Cathedral Church of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £6. 14. The church is dedicated to St. Mary Magdalene." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- The transcription of the section for Little Hereford from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Little Hereford to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Little Hereford has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO553683 (Lat/Lon: 52.311155, -2.657232), Little Hereford which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)