"LLANCILLO, a parish in the hundred of EWYASLACY, county of HEREFORD, 14 miles (S. W.) from Hereford, containing 89 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Brecon, and diocese of St. David, endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £ 400 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Rev. John Morris. The church is dedicated to St. Peter." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- The transcription of the section for Llancillo from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Llancillo to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Llancillo has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- The Longtown Historical Society Archive - provides an online reference source for the many historical documents associated with the Hundred of Ewyas Lacy.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO367255 (Lat/Lon: 51.924127, -2.921719), Llancillo which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)