Hide

Llandinabo, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868

hide
Hide

1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"LLANDINABO, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of Wormelow, county Hereford, 6 miles N.W. of Ross, its post town, and 7½ S. of Hereford. It is situated in the vicinity of the river Wye. The Fawley station on the Great Western railway is 3½ miles E. of the village. The main road from Ross to Hereford passes through it. There is no village, only a few farmhouses. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford, value £104. The church, dedicated to St. Dinebo, is a stone structure, somewhat ancient, with a western tower. There are charities of about £3 per annum. Sir Hungerford Hoskyns is lord of the manor."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]