"LLANGARRAN, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of WORMELOW, county of HEREFORD, 5 miles (W. S. W.) from Ross, containing 1016 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, with the vicarage of Lugwardine in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford. The church is dedicated to St. Deinst." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Transcription of section of E C Lascelles Directory of Herefordshire for Llangarren in 1851, by Richard Lane.
- Transcription of sections of Kelly's Directory of Herefordshire for Llangarren in 1856, by Richard Lane.
- Transcription of sections of Cassey's Directory of Herefordshire for Llangarren in 1858, by Richard Lane.
- Transcription of sections of Trade Directory of Herefordshire for Llangarren in 1862, 1863, by Richard Lane.
- Transcription of sections of Kelly's Directory of Herefordshire for Llangarren in 1879, 1885, 1905, 1913, 1929, 1941, by Richard Lane.
- The transcription of the section for Llangarren from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Llangarren to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Llangarren has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO530212 (Lat/Lon: 51.886981, -2.684269), Llangarren which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)