Llangua / Llangiwa
"LLANGUA, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of Skenfreth, county Monmouth, 9 miles N.E. of Abergavenny, its post town, and 13 from Monmouth. ... More" [Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
See also in Monmouthshire
- The transcription of the section for Llangua from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Llangua / Llangiwa to another place.
- "In co. Monmouth. Originally in the Archdeaconry and Diocese of Llandaff but transferred to the Diocese of Hereford in 1886."
(Ref: The Parish Registers of Herefordshire, J Harnden, 1987, ISBN 0 9512347 0 6)
You can see the administrative areas in which Llangua / Llangiwa has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO392258 (Lat/Lon: 51.927754, -2.886314), Llangua / Llangiwa which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)